Monday, July 10, 2006

...and then he said "No way! Penguins just aren't my thing."

Today will be brief. You'll see why.

Vacation was wonderful. It was gray, and rained most days, but being with my family was a lot of fun. I'll try and post more about this later.

I had some good experiences last week as well. I'll try and get to those later.

And now onto the whole reason I started this thing; the cancer. I got the results of my latest cat/pet scan today before my chemo injections. The good news is that the cancer is still there. Hmm...that's not so good actually. Ok, the good news is that I'm going to continue chemo for another two or three months. Wow, that's not so good either. How about this; the good news is that they are going to be more aggressive and raise the dose on the chemo. Yeah, ok, looks like there is no good news.

I'm sure there is some good news in all of this somewhere. Sugary, sappy, happy-hug-the-world-touchy-feely-at-least-you're-alive good news. And I suppose the fact that nothing grew or spread, and that the doctor feels that the chemo is actually working, is good news. But for today, as I sit here beginning to feel the onset of the chemo side effects, I'm going to be sad and upset and downtrodden and bleak. I don't think I'll be allowed to be for much longer, so I'll just enjoy my misery.

carpe diem, and all that jazz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frog Nipples said...and who knows what people will think of you with all of that crazy white stuff all over your face.


I know what I would think.