Friday, April 13, 2007

Welcome To The Monkey House

Two posts today. The first one will be quick.

Kurt Vonnegut passed away on Wednesday.

For many reasons he was one of my all time favorite authors. I would consider myself lucky if I could have even an ounce of his skill, creativity, insight, and wit.

I also shared a connection with my mother regarding Mr. Vonnegut. She always remembered my admiration for him. Many a Christmas there was a Vonnegut book in my stocking.

I will miss them both.

And now for a very long and in depth look at Billy's psychosis....

2 comments:

Vincent said...

The Master has died. BUT! You have others to read. Nay will ever there be KV again but many good authors to speed your recovery. And, speaking of good authors, CANYOU PLEASE PUBLISH A BOOK!!! I want bragging rights when you are on TV telling about your "next" one and I can say, Oh him? Yeah, thats my roommate!

Anonymous said...

VONNEGUT: The best audience in the world is the 92nd Street Y. Those people know everything and they are wide awake and responsive.
HELLER: I was part of a panel there on December seventh. The fiftieth anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
VONNEGUT: Were you bombed at Pearl Harbor, Joe?
HELLER: No.
VONNEGUT: Of course, James Jones was. I was saying this would be sort of a valedictory interview because our generation is taking its leave now. James Jones is gone. Irwin Shaw is gone. Truman Capote is gone.
HELLER: Yeah, but nobody’s replaced us.
VONNEGUT: No. (Laughter)

http://92yblogger.byoaudio.com.nyud.net:8080/files/media/50be7575-f642-d22b-51fa-ab80d261a673.mp3

http://archive.salon.com/audio/fiction/2001/02/20/vonnegut/index.html