Friday, June 12, 2009

marco ------------ polo

First off, I would like to apologize. I wanted to contact each of you individually with this news. It seems so impersonal to hear it from a blog. I tried to get as many as you as I could but it got exhausting. On top of that, the radiation simply wipes me out. It's the worst side effect. I'm sure you all understand.

The news is this; the cancer has spread. They found signs in my liver and in my lungs. All involved believe it is the original colon cancer just going for a road trip, not new cancer springing up. To be honest, even though my oncologist explained that to me a million times, I'm still not sure if that is good or bad. Marie, please don't try and explain it to me, just let me wallow for a while.

As we were discovering the existence of this other cancer, my pain management doctor was tying to determine the cause of an excruciating pain I've been having for the last couple of months now. He and my oncologist felt that a small node on my hip may be the culprit. They both believed that by shrinking the tumor they could eradicate the pain. I agreed to go along with it, the pain I was experiencing was excruciating. It was mostly in my belly but it would also spread to my lower back. It would keep me up at night, wake me from a sound sleep, prevent me from standing straight. We had tried so many other remedies and it seemed to me we were getting to the end of the rope.

Next week, Tuesday the 16th, I will start chemo. Chemo will be once a week, radiation will be once a week.

and oh.....apparently I quit smoking. keep your fingers crossed for that one.

Love you all!

Billy

9 comments:

Vincent said...

MARCO!!!! Yes Mr. Bush! Just wanted to say I love you!!

Mike Jones said...

Hello,

Thanks for sharing.

I have a friend that’s fighting stage 4 colon cancer so I know what a dreadful disease it is.

I had my first colonoscopy at age 50. A polyp was found and removed. I’m now 58 and I had my second colonoscopy a few weeks ago. Nothing was found this time.

I just want to remind and encourage everyone to get screened for colon cancer. The procedure itself (colonoscopy) is not painful, with the possible exception of the I.V. The preparation the day before is a little inconvenient. Plan to be close to a bathroom.

The ‘official’ guideline is to have a colonoscopy if you are older than 50 and every 10 years thereafter. That is, if you’re at average risk. Check with your physician. Schedule an appointment today!

l.smith said...

Hey Billy,

Selma Hayak called me the other day and said she was getting tired of her new husband, and wondered if you were available. So get well! Do it for Selma.

ANA PAULA RODRIGUES said...

Hi Billy miss your pretty face. I'm sending you well wishing and lots of love. xoxoxoox

Anonymous said...

Rest In Peace Sweet Angel For You Will Be Sorely Missed And Loved For Ever xoxoxoxo
Billy Dall 1969-2009

Amber said...

Personally I know that a Cancer diagnosis demands so much from us; emotionally, physically and mentally. My heart felt sympathy goes out to anyone who is battling Cancer of any type.

In 2006, my Mother was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 79. My Mother lost her battle 8 months later.
I created the MedTrakker... founded and inspired out of deep sorrow and personal experience.

MedTrakker is a Cancer Medical Organizer created to assist patients in tracking and organizing every aspect of there treatment care journey.
The MedTrakker was created to save patients and care givers the anxiety of "Starting from Scratch".

The Organizer allows the patient to record Important Contacts, Health and Treatment History, All of your appointments with a 1 year Calendar, Chart your daily or weekly Blood Counts. Side Effect Management, Insurance Discussions and more.
The Organizer also provides Nutritional Support, Physical Support and Motivational Support. Each section of the MedTrakker is designed to fit the needs of every Cancer patient and their Care Givers. Patients will interact with many health care providers aiding them in there treatment care. MedTrakker is a valuable resource tool in an easy-to-use format. Please visit us online http://www.MedTrakker.com
We donate 10% of our proceeds to LACO; a non-profit organization that helps families touched by cancer. http://laughatcancer.org

Blessing to all who are battling any type of Cancer!

dr.gregory b. harris said...

billy-i'll bet none of your doctors ever taught you how to fight cancer with food. no chemo, rad, or other drugs are needed. please consider contacting me. i teach my patients how to prevent/reverse cancer and other chronic diseases and think i can be of benefit to you and your family. 775 223 8260 dr.gbh

Mesothlelioma Symptoms said...

Optimism sometimes is the best medicine.

Anonymous said...

If you are reading this and you are suffering from any kind of human disease God just heard your prayer,Dr Itua Herbal Center Contact,Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp:+2348149277967.
 I was so very sick when I came across someone telling story of his life on how Dr Itua gave his dead life back to her, Her Name was Achima Abelard A Germany lady.
Dr Itua help me to cure my Bladder cancer, I take his treatment for 3 weeks and I was cured completed. He resides in west African but I order his herbal medicines through Mail which I received withing 5 days also I was instructed on how I will drink it for 3 weeks to cure which I did totally I'm well now.
I think this Dr Itua is A GOD sent from heaven because i have heard several times that there is no cure but Dr Itua surprises me, put joy on my face.if you are suffering from,Bladder cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancerStomach cancer
Testicular cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis. Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,,Sinus cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.