Friday, April 07, 2006

I don't want to swim the ocean

Just a short post today. Next Monday, the 10th, I go for my next round of chemo and I get the results of my last cat scan. Needless to say, I'm a bit anxious. It's going to be a long weekend, and yet somehow it will fly by. Go figure.

I've had a good time over the last two weeks. It's difficult for me to accept that next week I'll be sick as all hell. I can't wait for this ride to be over.

The back and forth continues. Next posting should be a rather bleak discussion on mortality. I'm starting to see a pattern.

1 comment:

Old said...

Dear Mr. Eliot:

I read in the current Time Magazine that you are ill. I just want you to know that I am rooting for your quick recovery. First because of your contributions to literature and, then, the fact that under the most trying conditions you never stopped smoking cigars.

Hurry up and get well.

Regards,
Groucho Marx