Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Don't drink the milk. It's spearled.

ca·thar·sis (ku-thär-sĭs)
Psychology.
A technique used to relieve tension and anxiety by bringing repressed feelings and fears to consciousness.
The therapeutic result of this process; abreaction.

And then, there it is. A little bad news may hover grey clouds around me for a few days, but they tend to dissipate. The last couple of years have been the total cliche "emotional rollercoaster". Not long after I typed my previous "my life sucks and it's black all black nothing but black" post I checked the message boards at the Colon Club. There was a posting there from a young woman who was recently diagnosed. She was frightened and worn out by the overwhelming circumstances under which she now finds herself. She asked our little support group, what was it that made us fight? I thought about it for a while, and penned a gloriously poetic response, sure to tug at the heart strings and inspire even the most downtrodden. (why yes, I do have a rather high opinion of myself)

It took a little time, but I'm back to my fighting self. I've regained my sunny outlook on life and what is important to me. Damned be this disease and the horse it rode in on. Even if I do die soon, at least I've already dressed up like little school girl and danced in the rain through the streets of Barcelona. Everyone should.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You chaps might find this amusing.