Wednesday, May 24, 2006

He coughed up socks! 3 pairs of socks!!

First off, let me say that 'Batman Begins' is a fantastic movie!

Now, onto today's notes.

I've been ridiculously happy lately. On the train home from work on Monday, I couldn't help but smile, simply because the sky was a brilliant blue. Last weekend I hung out with Dougie and Naomi, and had a ball, even when I began a drunken rant about life, perspective, cancer and death. Silly boy.

I'm beginning to think I'm manic/depressive. (for those of you who take everything I say to heart, and worry about me too much, I don't really think I'm manic/depressive) My recent delirium and happiness at every little thing is a far cry from two weeks ago when I thought the world was closing in on me, and that I should just get ready for the kegger at my coffin. I know that I've written before about finding happiness in the every day, that life is in the details, but this past week was a little different. I didn't have to look for the happiness in the minutiae, it was the minutiae that made me happy. Genuinely happy!! Smile on my face, song in my heart, spring in my step happy! Not bad for a guy with a potentially fatal disease, huh?

Next week is chemo again. And the next couple may be a bit harsh, as I'm not getting the extra week in between treatments, you know, the third week, this week, the week that I'm really happy. So......stay tuned for a couple of weeks of lousy writing and depressing thoughts. I'm gearing up for it now. I'm packing all my black clothes for my dad's house. I can't wait to be depressed again! (again, for those of you that worry too much, that is sarcasm)

While I'm in a good mood, allow me a moment to thank you all again for your support. Greg, thanks for writing. Lance, I'm absolutely amazed with the regularity with which you follow this blog. Chris, well.....Sunday bro, let's go! Helen, you are beautiful, in every way, and I miss you and can't wait to get back to Amsterdam to see ya. Heather, oh dear dear heather, if only San Francisco and Bayonne were not so far apart. You're the bee's knees!

Of course, to those of you who check it out, but I'm not aware of, thank you all for your concern. I consider myself quite blessed to have such friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to make you a post-chemo mix tape with a selection of the following songs:

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Flies on the Wondscreen (Depeche Mode)
Blasphemous Rumours (Depeche Mode)
Black Celebration (Again, Depeche Mode, they are good for these kind of things)
There is a Light that Never Goes Out
Tears in Heaven
That depressing Cat's in the Cradle and the Silver Spoon song
And something along the lines of... C'Mon Get Happy

We'll have you in quite a state in no time!

Anonymous said...

Lance, I'm absolutely amazed with the regularity with which you follow this blog.

Don't let my boss know.

Anonymous said...

Do you know how completely uncool I felt pulling out of that parking lot in my minivan?

As uncool as the side of the pillow you've been sleeping on? Uh, erm, that joke didn't work out as well as I thought it would.

As uncool as...

It is a hard joke to make. You will have to consult an expert. Where is Heckathorn, or Chambers when you need them?