Monday, February 13, 2006

Ian Dury likes the rhythm stick. Tim Curry; He does the rock.

My friends Doug and Naomi, from Oxford, that's in England, are moving to the States. In preparation for their move, they spent last week in Stamford Connecticut. Connecticut is a Native American word meaning "on the way to Boston". Rather than fly home at the end of the week, they came down to Jersey to visit with me for the weekend. I felt a bit guilty as I could not be the host I wanted. My body is still tired, and so we spent most of their visit simply sitting around the apartment, talking and watching TV. If you have the opportunity to watch American television with intelligent Europeans, I highly recommend it.

Saturday evening was spent eating a fine meal, drinking quite a few bottles of wine, and vibrantly and passionately discussing a myriad of subjects. One of the more contentious conversations revolved around fate and destiny. I'm adamantly opposed to these philosophies and all their connotations. Some time I'll tell you about it.

Today I am two weeks removed from my last chemo injections, and I still feel the effects. I'm tired and still my brain is foggy, which as I've stated before is a substantial cause of grief for me. I was finally able to drink something cold today, so I've got that going for me. I've only had two rounds of injections, but if this trend of the side effects lasting longer continues, it's going to get to a point where I have no time of respite between treatments. Anyone wanna trade lives for a while?

My birthday is coming up in a month. More on that later as well.

I had ideas for this blog, and I'm sure they were brilliant. But, here I am, fingers tapping away, and my brain has decided that they are locked away, under a soggy cardboard box, on a shelf in the small hallway, locked away in the basement, and it's just too much work to go get them right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and a top weekend it was William m'boy!

"Watching TV with intelligent Europeans..." might be challenged when I get to meet a few more of your...."homoes" I believe you chaps call them (that doesn’t sound right… ;-). The thing about being European also worries me…. because in some eyes it puts us in the same bracket as the French. The term “French” comes from and old Anglo-Saxon word meaning “lamb burning, work-shy peasants.” Probably. They also go on about their food. They invented Nouvelle Cuisine for f***’s sake. Sod all on your plate and a basketball score on your bill. Most of the world makes better wine that them and even Serbia makes cheese these days (although one of them is called Manur which is only a vowel short of horse shit).

Anyway, enough of my rubbish… Thanks for the top-drawer hospitality over the weekend and great to see you. Thanks for saving Family Guy just for us, but I can confirm there is no such team as the “London Silly Nannies”….. they changed their name to Arsenal ;-)