Sunday, January 22, 2006

Detroit Motor City!!

The Steelers won the AFC conference championship and they are going to the Superbowl! Of course my team of choice is the Giants, and should one day they meet the Steelers at the Big Dance I will be torn, but the Steelers are my adopted favorites. As luck would have it, the Superbowl is going to be the first Sunday after a chemo treatment. I'm really hoping I'll be in some sort of shape to enjoy it.

I have to admit, I still get a bit misty when I hear a wonderfully rendered Star Spangled Banner or Amazing Grace. Music can be so beautiful.

And in case you were wondering, I feel pretty good! I'm actually going to go to my office this week. The chemo pills that I take are giving me some blisters on my hands and feet, but other than that, all the side effects have subsided. I'm going to make the most of this week. I learned a while ago to enjoy the good moments during chemo because they are few and far between.

No comments: